Cast iron sewer pipe

Reaction score
Country
United States
The other day I noticed my cast-iron sewer pipe had a pinhole leak in it just before it goes through the floor and out to the street. I tried to epoxy the area and it worked for a week. Other than an expensive replacement any other ideas I might try?
thanks

Reaction score
That is exactly what I have used in the past and for some reason it doesn't do the trick. Thanks for taking the time to answer
Ok. Let’s go a little farther then. Be sure to wire brush the are around the hole to remove the surface coating. Get a small screw and thread into the hole. Do this with care. Once the screw head is snug against the pipe cover it with the JB Weld.

Reaction score
The other day I noticed my cast-iron sewer pipe had a pinhole leak in it just before it goes through the floor and out to the street. I tried to epoxy the area and it worked for a week. Other than an expensive replacement any other ideas I might try?
thanks
If the plumbers epoxy is fresh and you attempt to clean the surface it should work as there is no pressure inside. Otherwise one of the flex seal products may work?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Take a grinder and grind down to shiny metal all around the pinhole. The J-B Weld will last forever then. I fixed a pinhole on my aunts cast iron stack 15 years ago and its still good. Be sure to use the J-B Weld for metal.

Ask a Question