Carrier Infinity- moisture, Inducer does not start. Need major help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good Moring Everyone,
I am hoping to get some help. My carrier infinity unit would not heat. Once I opened it , I saw ALOT of moisture (see pic). I dried everything but it still did not work.
At first I could see thermostat indicating (...gas heating) but nothing happened.
So here is what I did:
1. Bypassed thermostat (ran alligator connector on board R to W1)
2. That would start the blower for about 60 sec or so but inducer would not start
3. I checked voltage and I was getting 128 Volt to Inducer.
4. At this point I noticed water slushing inside the inducer, so I took it out and dumped bunch of water, thinking it would fix it but it did not.
5. I then checked resistant on the motor (Red to Black) and it was 6.83 Olms. I could not find where capacitor :( , i know ! From what I read Olms should be 55-85 on inducer.
6. There other weird thing is that my thermostat went dark...i swapped with another thermostat and nothing happened either.

I would like to get options on what is happening here:
1. Do I have a bad inducer? I never could find capacitor.
2. Why did I have water in the inducer?
3. And why my thermostat is dark, did I do something by bypassing it on the board?

I thank you in advance for all your help. I know its a lot but I am so frustrated at this point :{

Attachments

Ask a Question