Car ready for winter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just posted this on the sister gardening forum but worth posting here too.

I've just washed and checked our car ready for winter. Normally we trade our car in at three years old or sooner but we love our Skoda Yeti which will be three next April and have decided to keep it. Living here on the steep valley side it becomes treacherous in winter with ice and snow; having now decided to keep the car I've just ordered four new Michelin Cross Climate tyres costing us just under £600; these tyres will be fitted on our driveway tomorrow so hopefully they will be a huge improvement over the standard summer tyres? What good is money after the accident?

https://www.tyresonthedrive.com/

I've also checked the spare wheel/tyre finding it down to 26psi so now it's correct at 32psi; it's easy to forget the spare it being tucked away so just a reminder. The screen washer bottle too needs to be kept topped up with correct liquid.

Keep safe.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
My CRV with its intelligent four wheel drive and ABS and its fairly new tyres is just fine for the the reguar run to Sainsburys or Waitrose and the golf club.

But you can't be too careful, in bad weather, I've just fitted "winter wheels."

!cid_004301c7bf56$cfe93b90$7f446851@ownerbob.gif

.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Nice one Doghouse; I bet you've got snow chains too for it. :D

Early this morning I received an email from "tyresonthedrive" saying fitting would be between 10:15 & 14:15 today; at 11:55 a phone call to say be with us in five minutes; 13:10 four brand new Michelin Crossclimate tyres fitted to our Yeti. This was very convenient indeed and cheaper than buying the tyres through eBay then having to have them fitted;

upload_2018-12-20_13-36-56.png

I'll definitely use tyresonthedrive in future for our tyre needs; four tyres are free fitting whereas buying through eBay involves finding a fitter and paying around £10 per tyre plus lots of hassle and wasted time?

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question