Can halogen bulb damage trip breaker?

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Hello. Today first time something tripped breaker in my house. I mean i was sitting on Windows 10 desktop ,like always and i hear BUM from fuse box. And power go down. Pc turned off.
I have that pc almost 1 year and something like that never happened. I think there was not circuit overload,because all devices was off,like tv,washer etc. Only pc was on. And nothing get damaged. Anybody have clue why it happened?

To turn back power again i change breaker to up of course. And its fine again.

PC:
Aorus AD27QD
AORUS PRO Z390-PRO GAMING
Aorus 2080 Ti waterforce stock
2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL XMP
9700K STOCK
Seasonic TX-750W TITANIUM PLUS PRIME

Never happened with that pc in whole year. Also pc is stable during full load etc.
Today i just browsing internet and power goes down with tripped breaker.
Pc working like before again. Weird any clues?

Then.......i go to bathroom and saw that one of 3 halogen bulbs no lightning. So it get burned. So that was propably that halogen bulb?

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

It's not uncommon for any lamp failing to trip out the lighting circuit breaker. We have eight halogen lights in our kitchen ceiling.
We rarely turn on any other ceiling lights downstairs, we mostly use table lamps.

If I walk into the kitchen of an evening and the lights won't come on, I know it'll mean a lamp has blown, so I re-set the breaker and they'll all come on except one and I just change the lamp. It happens several times a year, but a lamp blowing doesn't always trip the breaker.

It's unlikely to be your laptop, that runs on a battery whivh is charged by an adapter pluged into the mains.

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
so that halogen bulb when blows its normal that tripped breaker and power goes off ? ( power cut )

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
Somebody from reddit say this to me"
You just confirmed your main (not just a circuit breaker) was tripped while using your computer. This should virtually NEVER happen unless you are fully overloading your main breaker (which by your description you are not). Computers and bulbs shouldn't ever blow a main breaker, just the breaker they are on. If your whole house breaker tripped, either something is wired very very wrong in your house and can cause a fire or shock (kill) someone OR your main breaker needs to be replaced which definitely needs an electrician to fix."

That shouldnt trip main breaker ,when bulb get burned. And i am worried. He is right?

Reaction score
I don't think we've enough information.
The lamp blowing should only trip the mini breaker for the lighting circuit. This can happen when a lamp blows while the light is on, or blows when you turn it on.

There's been no mention of a mini breaker. There should be one for every circuit in the house.

If it blew the main breaker, then something else is wrong.

This is a typical consumer unit.

A lamp blowing should only trip one of the six mini breakers in the middle.
Not the main breaker.

K7664SMET-07.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
There was tripped one breaker for power in house and second for light in house. Two breakers were tripped.

Reaction score
Country
Barbados
I ask my mother. She told that 2 breakers went down. 1 one for power for sockets in house,2 for lighting in house. But not RCD. So its normal?

Ask a Question