Bathroom Sink Trap.

Reaction score
Country
United States

This is the trap under my bathroom sink. While I was snaking the drain, the trap broke loose. I put it back together, but it is leaking from that bottom nut at the end of the 90 degree elbow.

There was no washer or gasket. Only the flared part of the PVC on that 90 degree elbow that connects to the leaking nut on the trap.

I took it apart and put it back together about 12 times with no success. Any suggestions?

Should I replace that entire thing? That accordian looking thing seems pretty cheap.

Reaction score
The problem with these sort of polypipe fittings which are "cheap as chips" is that if you accidently pull a screwed connection apart, the thread can get knackered and they don't seal when you screw them together again.

There's actually not really a "trap" there, so if your partner's diamond ring goes down the plughole it might go straight down the drain.

What you need is something like this. connected via a short length of pipe to the bit with the paint on it, then work upwards from there.
I'd ditch the concertina.

mcalpine-1.1-2-40mm-kitchen-sink-bottle-trap-c10-40004007-1644-p.jpg

Last edited:

Ask a Question