B&Q warped timber.

Reaction score
Hello all; I bought some par timber (in cellophane) from B&Qs last 18/7 for home diy project of shelving and cupboards and started using some of this the day after. Over this last weekend and next couple of days noticed some warping across the width. This wasnt apparant when bought. Asked at the store today for exchange and they refused saying it was my fault as I hadnt let it cure for three days before using. Are we in Siberia. I have heard
you have to cure certain types of bulk "lumber" but prepared wood?:mad:
Just thought I'd post for a heads up.

Reaction score
Have had similar experience with warping wood from B&Q however in our case they did exchange it. You could try taking it back at a different time of day as it can depend on the assistant who serves you.

Reaction score
That's bad, you sho't have to shouldn't have to cure your own timber, I presume that they didn't tell you that when you bought it?

If you still have the receipt, I should take it back again and kick up a fuss.

Reaction score
I find that B&Q, Wickes etc etc all have timber that is quite light. I now prefer to use independent timber merchants now, as the timber always seems to be of a better standard

Ask a Question