B&q shower tray puzzle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My wife and I have ordered a shower enclosure from B&q but I cannot see how this item is fitted. It is made from white acrylic and has the 2 exposed walls moulded on so are not removable for levelling and fixture to the floor. I cannot see how this can be secured to the floor if there is no access. The 2 sides that butt against the walls of the shower are open but will not be any use as they are covered up. I have contacted B&q but they did not have any ideas. I also have the installation sheet but it is useless. The tray is already 150mm off the floor so lifting it any higher would be useless
Cheers
Dave

Reaction score
Hi
My wife and I have ordered a shower enclosure from B&q but I cannot see how this item is fitted. It is made from white acrylic and has the 2 exposed walls moulded on so are not removable for levelling and fixture to the floor. I cannot see how this can be secured to the floor if there is no access. The 2 sides that butt against the walls of the shower are open but will not be any use as they are covered up. I have contacted B&q but they did not have any ideas. I also have the installation sheet but it is useless. The tray is already 150mm off the floor so lifting it any higher would be useless
Cheers
Dave

Hi and welcome Dave.

I'm surprised that B&Q are being unhelpful, but you probably only spoke to a "jobsworth."

Ring them again and tell them if they haven't a clue you need to talk to the manufacturer.

There'll be a boat load of "Shower tray Installations," on You Tube, have a look through a few of these, they may give you a clue.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I have only just joined this forum and hope I can also give as well as receive help from others.

I get the impression that B&Q don't know the answer themselves. They gave me the No of their supplier who I called and they tried to help[ but I don't think they knew either. They did email the installation guide which is no use at all. The guide has a name of the manufacturer which was stated as Kingfisher. I checked this out but it is only a distributor for B&Q and Screwfix.

I have had a look on Youtube but have not found any installations of these type of trays. Unfortunately my wife picked this tray I would have gone for the ceramic and used a riser kit, but she is paying so I couldn't argue too much. I think I will check it out without making a mess of it and send it back if I cannot fit it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Had another look at the tray at B&q and found that there is a metal riser platform inside the plastic shell but it looks like it is bonded onto the shell and maybe not removable. I cannot see why it has been made like this as it makes installing it very difficult
Cheers
Dave

Ask a Question