Axminster dust extraction unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a second hand Axminster unit but can’t get it to work. Hose securely fitted to my chop saw but the components of the drum puzzle me. No obvious fitting together of a filter and a basket- like device that has a linen bag as an insert. Have tried each one on its own - no joy.
Would appreciated some advice.
Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I would try to ensure the impeller is not free-wheeling (loose spinning) on the motor's shaft. Naturally, as the impeller increases in speed on start-up, there is increased mechanical stress to motor as the impeller is experiencing drag.

Too, plug in a light bulb into the same socket as your extractor, start the extractor, see if the light bulbs dims for LONG periods of time on start, or more than that, remains dim? You might have too much voltage line drop, and the motor is being starved of sufficient AC power to attain, and maintain, rated RPM under load.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this. Appreciated. I didn’t make my self clear so apologies for that. Motor runs fine. I simply cannot fit the components together! Does the filter go over the basket and do both fit onto the flange? That doesn’t work, Thanks again

Ask a Question