Are my foundations ok

Reaction score
Hello all.
About 20 years ago I built a garage on the side of my house with the help of my Nephew who was very good at bricklaying.
I had hoped one day to build a bedroom on top of the garage so the local authority had me dig the foundations at the front end to below a nearby Inspection Chamber, which were about two meters deep, then step it up as i moved away from the chamber.
I went to my building supplies and told them what I was going to do and they offered me reject facing bricks, which were a little cheaper.
So 20 years down the line I have had my plans drawn and am about to submit them to the local authority, but I am now worried that these footings may not be good enough, and whether the bricks could fail.
The chap who was going to do most of the work for me assured me that they would be good, but unfortunately he will not be able to help me with this because of ill health.
So I have this thing about the footings niggling away in my head, and would hope that someone here may be able to clear this up for me one way or the other.
I would be very grateful for any help with this.
Stan Snowball.

Ask a Question