Another deer blind build.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I try to build as cheap as I can and use recycled stuff if I can.
When we built our honey house for some reason we had a single sheet of T1 11 left over. It sat around till I decided to buy 3 more sheets and build a hard side deer blind on a platform 6' up.

That one a is a mear 4'x4' and 7' tall easy to heat with a candle under a terra-cotta pot pretty much but wasn't much room to streach any thing out with out standing.

Another one I built with recycled roofing steel. A farmer had a small shed that the wind had ruined. I was given all the steel and a fet timbers for tearing it down and clearing The area.
I have been given some road fast food signs also so used them too.

It sets up 8' in the air and despite the steel it is warm inside. Maybe the sun can heat thru the steel better.

That is two of my deer blinds. I have 2 more already built but I need to buid two more. I have found a 5'x5' floor plan is best for me and so I can use the ram rod in a muzzle loader 7' for a cieling is just the ticket.

:D Al

Reaction score
Country
United States
This one I built and put in the front yard, All the material was bought, OSB on sale at Lowes minus a 10% veterans discount. The roof tin is more recycled from the shed I took apart. the stain was $5.00 a gallon returns at Home Depot also minus a $5.00 vetrans discount.
The floor plan on this one is 5'x5', For me the perfect size.

It is on 10' skids so I could move it out of the front yard for mowing when the season was over. I have since moved it back to a spot in the woods.

I use a portable blind in the front yard useing 3/4" PVC pipe for a frame.

I have a 6'x4' blind I do not have a picture of handy. 4' is Ok but you can't strech out to easy in one direction and for me 6' is to big a area to heat easy.

I have some dog ear fence boards stacked up for some time I am going to use.
Going to try to chain saw mill some 1.5" floor boards out of Seasoned Ash I have.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since we aquired more land I can deer hunt on and My being on the back side of the hill I prefer to have a warm out of the wind place to nap and hunt.

So I want at least two more deer blinds to hunt in.

Ask a Question