Alarm system 9448

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi sorry, all my lights are on and buttons don't make a sound or do anything when pressed. There is no battery in there and never has been although it has worked in past we just haven't used it for a while but going away soon and wanted to test it and change code. Lights are still on when mains electric is turned off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I know very little regarding alarms Sarah but given the rising crime here in the UK it will be worth getting it checked over by a professional because a break in will cost a great deal more and cause lots of distress.

Bron and I have just paid the best part of £2,000 to have top end CCTV installed; this obviously won't prevent a serious burglar breaking in but as the DVR is in a secure location video footage will be available.

Good luck.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
There should be a contact number for the installers somewhere on the unit.
In the first instance, ring them and explain the symptoms, they might be able to tell you how to re-set it, without you having to pay for a service call

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread but I wondered if someone could help me with a (somewhat) similar issue.

I have a hikvision CCTV kit with an i/o alarm terminal that is connected to a Texecom burglar alarm. The idea is that if a camera detects movement then I would receive a notification on my phone.

eveythign worked admirable until it did not... I was doing some refurbishment in the house and had to take the whole system down. I am sure I have put it back up in exactly the same way as it was but now it just does not work - it keeps saying 'Port Forwarding Error'.

I spoke to the guy you did the initial install and he quoted £250+VAT.... which just feels a bit too much if I am honest. Does anyone have any good ideas how to solve the problem? Any suggestion would much appreciated!

Thanks

David

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You could phone around for quotes from other companies David?

Double check everything first though just in case you've missed something. Have you got the service manual if so look for the Error message.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Colin

That's the first thing on my 'to-do' list if I can't get it fixed myself (hence I am on this DIY forum :)).

My concern on getting someone else to look into this is that it may cost even more given that this is a bespoke set-up.

I've googled the issue and this can be a very wide range of things so I am currently sort of going through them one by one, but no success so far.

Thanks for your contribution anyway!

D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey David,

I've had a similar issue (except for the Texecom element), and I think what Colin suggested (i.e. reset the whole system) makes sense except that I would also recommend that you upgrade firmware on each device.

I think what often happens is that certain devices are plug and play 'PnP', meaning that they obtain IP addresses the moment you plug a network cable or put them on your LAN, but others are not. The conflict arises when you move the system offline and then try to put it back on.

The devices that are PnP would obtain new IP addresses but the non-PnP would retain their old 'IP mapping and directions' that is where they send / receive signals to and from.

My guess in you case would be that you have not upgraded firmware on your Hikvision devices for a while, which is known to preclude them from being PnP. So as a first step - try to upgrade all of them (cameras + NVR). Depending on your NVR, you may be able to upgrade firmware on the cams via the NVR's virtual server. With older models, you may need to do it on a device by device basis.

If this does not work, check if your Texecom system is PnP. If not, you will need to manually input the new IP addresses.

This worked for me!

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey David,

I've had a similar issue (except for the Texecom element), and I think what Colin suggested (i.e. reset the whole system) makes sense except that I would also recommend that you upgrade firmware on each device.

I think what often happens is that certain devices are plug and play 'PnP', meaning that they obtain IP addresses the moment you plug a network cable or put them on your LAN, but others are not. The conflict arises when you move the system offline and then try to put it back on.

The devices that are PnP would obtain new IP addresses but the non-PnP would retain their old 'IP mapping and directions' that is where they send / receive signals to and from.

My guess in you case would be that you have not upgraded firmware on your Hikvision devices for a while, which is known to preclude them from being PnP. So as a first step - try to upgrade all of them (cameras + NVR). Depending on your NVR, you may be able to upgrade firmware on the cams via the NVR's virtual server. With older models, you may need to do it on a device by device basis.

If this does not work, check if your Texecom system is PnP. If not, you will need to manually input the new IP addresses.

This worked for me!

Cheers
This sounds promising. The only problem that I now have is that I have no idea how to actually upgrade firmware. I've managed to download it... (hopefully the right version) but I am sort of not sure what to do next.

I've had a look on Hikvision website... there is a guide I think it is a bit confusing.

Is there any simple way of upgrading firmware?

Many thanks in advnace!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a very simple step by step guide on how to get your firmware upgraded. I would not rely on the table there though as it appears to be out of date - just go direct to Hikvision's website and find the correct model and corresponding firmware.

If you have any specific queries it may be worth raising those in a forum like IP cam talk or Use -ip.

Let me know if it works

Ask a Question