adding a gas fire power flue

Reaction score
Hi,
After much searching on the internet I am really struggling to find an answer so I was wondering if someone might be able to help me or point me in the right direction as i am getting a lot of different advice.

My problem is that i want to add a fireplace to my sitting room which i am renovating. My builder is suggesting a balanced flue, however, this would mean the fire is placed behind glass and so i am not keen.

I have seen that I could potentially use a power flue. However, I have found very little information on this. The problems arise because the outside wall forms the inside to an arch and therefore the flue would be covered though it is a large arch and there is lots of ventilation going through it. My direct questions are twofold:
1. the flue from the fire must be how high above the flame/gas input?- does the flue need to be at an angle to the fireplace?
2. the flue in the outside wall must be how far away from the roof of the arch?

I would really appreciate a reply.

thanks

Reaction score
Depending which fire you chose it will come with manufacturers instructions which will supply your installer with all the relevant info.
sometimes you can find these instructions on-line.
For example google "quasar power flue fire pdf"
You must use the right instructions for your model of fire.

Ask a Question