Zinsser PermaWhite or Bathroom Paint

Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to the forum and enjoyed reading the posts about not using PVA, I have told my hubby, who insisted this is what we need to do to our walls in the bathroom. Glady he has seen sense and listened to me not to.

Anyway, I want to paint the ensuite bathroom which is a typical design, shower cubicle, toilet and sink. The ceiling above the shower cubicle has peeled, i once repaired it and now it's done it again. After lots of reading i am assuming it's down to the incorrect paint and poor ventilation (no window just extractor fan).

I've brought dulux bathroom paint for the walls and wondered whether to get bathroom paint for the ceiling or use permawhite satin interior for the ceiling as it takes a alot of moisture over the shower.

Any help is appreciated.

Bev

Reaction score
Hi, Bev2013

Quite right, never use PVA anywhere near paint. It has it's uses, especially with plastering, but not with decorating. I've no idea where this idea of using it came from, but it crops up often in the forums.

I would urge you to try and do more to increase the ventilation, a more powerful fan perhaps, or even a special fan over the shower.

Without knowing a bit more of the condition of the ceiling, I can't comment on the preparation required.

Any product by Zinsser is excellent, and if you give Perma-White a try, I'm sure you'll be pleased, just follow the info on the can.

Please get back if you need any more help.

Ask a Question