Your restoration projects

Reaction score
I am trying to gather all the components I will need to restore my late Father in law’s radio / record player. The date on the back says it was built in 1926. As I get things laid out I will start taking pictures and post my failures as well as successes. I will not actually begin the work until next winter when I am forced inside due to the weather. I would like to see what other people are bringing back to life.

@Retired, @Doghouse Riley your phone is ringing. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Good luck with the restoration Doug I'm sure you're in for a fascinating project. :)

Do you have the correct service sheets and what make/model is it. I enjoyed restoring vintage radios for ten years so can highly recommend it. 1926 is at the dawn of radio; my oldest set is an Ultra Tiger radiogram 1931 it being a TRF set.

There are a number of excellent vintage radio forums and it's highly likely a search will reveal more USA forums such as this which you'll find interesting if you are not already aware of it;

https://antiqueradios.com/forums/index.php

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score

Ask a Question