Woes of having a white porcelain sink!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and would really appreciate any advice you can give. We recently moved into a hew home and our kitchen sink is a double porcelain one. At first I thought "oh, how beautiful" when we saw it. But it is now driving me NUTS! It is always dirty. Every evening I scrub it, and by the following evening, it looks awful and needs to be scrubbed again. Anything you leave in there for more than a few minutes leaves a stain. A tea strainer? Forks and knives with any food on them, cups that have had juicing veggie juice left over and dripped into the sink - literally everything leaves a mark. At the end of the day, it looks terrible and literally has to be scrubbed.

Does it need to be resurfaced? Is this just what life is like with a white porcelain sink? I have no idea! I'm thinking of having it resurfaced to black but would love any thoughts or advice on if this is normal and what my options are. I don't really need advice cleaning it (baking soda + dish soap with some scrubbing have it shiny clean). I just hate having to deal with lots of stains at the end of EVERY day :)

Thanks so much in advance!

Reaction score
Not much you can do.
Usually have a medium plastic dishwashing container-- available in various colors for a few dollars-- with some water and detergent to catch all those loose items. Also some vinyl sink mats are colorfuland can isolate your white finish from aluminum marks and such.
From experience-- resurfaces do nothold up.
Just save your money and rand r witha stainlee steel one down the road.
Also these are VERY heavy on counters and such.
Edit,spell

Last edited:

Ask a Question