Wireless room thermostat?

Reaction score
In my current house I have inherited a central-heating system of back-boiler, radiators, pump, header tank etc. All the radiators, bar one in the bathroom, have TRVs fitted, but there is NO room stat. This has never bothered me, as the TRVs maintain the various room temperatures, and the hot water circulating in the system all the time helps to keep the place warm.

However, mindful of cost and pump wear-and-tear, I'm thinking of adding a room stat. Given its likely location, to avoid the upheaval necessary to instal the cabling back to the CH controller, I was thinking of fitting a wireless version. However all the ones on which I have found info so far seem to be complicated (and therefore expensive!) programmable jobs which effectively duplicate much of the work of the existing programmable controller.

Does anyone know please of a simple, straighforward, reliable wireless room stat that basically is just that - a room stat?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi nemo2000

Tate a look at the honeywell range - honeywelluk.com I'm sure there's one there that'll do the trick.

Reaction score
Yes, I did that thanks. My CH controller is a Honeywell ST7100 and the circuit diagram for that, for a simple wired room stat, shows it inserted in the circuit from the controller to the pump. However I can't find an equivalent arrangement in the diagrams for the Honeywell wireless stats.

Ask a Question