widening an existing door way

Reaction score
would like some advise, i would like to widen a door way by using acro props with strong boys. i know that i need to put longer lintels in, whats the best way to put in the strong boys before taking the existing lintels out?:confused:

Reaction score
would like some advise, i would like to widen a door way by using acro props with strong boys. i know that i need to put longer lintels in, whats the best way to put in the strong boys before taking the existing lintels out?:confused:
Depends how the wall is constructed above the opening. Is there a floor above the opening and are there floor joists sitting on the masonry above the opening?

Last edited:
Reaction score
...how wide is the opening and how wide does the opening need to be? Also, is it a single leaf masonry wall?

Reaction score
widening an existing doorway

One Strongboy in the centre , and two on the opposite side of the doorway, all above the lintel to be taken out. Make sure you get wide enough Strongboy heads to span two bricks/blocks this supports the wall whilst you remove the old doorway lintel...bosshogg :)

Ask a Question