Which order would you do these jobs in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new boiler, a new kitchen and a new bathroom, but I can only afford to do one at a time. Which would be the best order to do these in in your expert opinions?

Reaction score
Boiler,
Kitchen,
Bathroom.

Your old bathroom and kitchen will still work with a new boiler.

The kitchen might need to be altered if you install it before the boiler.

You'll be in the kitchen more frequently than the bathroom.

We had a new boiler fitted in our ten year-old kitchen.
So we went from this. The original boiler fitted at the same time as the kitchen.

P1000078.JPG

To this

P1000773.JPG

Fortunately, I was able to sort it myself.
My wife thought she was going to get a new kitchen!

P1050633.JPG

Wasn't easy, I had to make part of the lower pelmet detachable, as the front of the boiler has to swing down for servicing.

P1030756.JPG

The new "L shaped" fillet that hides the pipework, like the old one I made, just sits on the worktop and can be removed when necessary.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is extremely helpful! Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed reply.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need a new boiler, a new kitchen and a new bathroom, but I can only afford to do one at a time. Which would be the best order to do these in in your expert opinions?
I would advise you to instruct the Boiler 1st and to get a quotation from your Plumber for all three jobs explaning that you wish to do them sepperately for funding reasons.
You might get a bit of a shock when you go out for prices when you could be told that they are very busy with waiting lists of 6 months or more.
Back to your original question you would do thee Boiler then Kitchen and lastly the Bathroom.
Good luck with it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for taking the time to reply and for offering such good advice. I really appreciate it.

Ask a Question