Which looks better - white or wood effect beading?

Reaction score
Hi, which looks best, white or wood effect beading against a white skirting board to finish my wooden laminate floor?:)

Reaction score
wondering the same...

I am getting a nice new coffee coloured bamboo floor in a few weeks and cannot decide what to do for the beading. I have seen those horrible fake beadings that can be used but I think they can cheapen the look if not matched well to the timber. I am considering to get some triangular shaped beading (or quadrant) and painting the same colour as the skirting (which is white). Removing the skirting (then sanding, repairing, repainting etc) seems like a time consuming job so I have disregarded that option.

does anyone have photos of beading they have painted to match the skirting they can share?? thanks

Reaction score
It's probably a matter of taste. But I'd go with wood to offset the floor rather than the skirting.

Reaction score
Laminate floor edging

I used Quadrant, painted first before fixing.

handydanny

Reaction score
Alternative...apply a self adhesive profile (foam rubber) to the bottom of the skirting, it will both give a look and seal out draughts...bosshogg ;)

Ask a Question