Which combi boiler?

Reaction score
Ive had my victorian gable end terraced house (2 beds and boxroom so its bigger than an average 2up 2 down) injected with pam ties dpc cream today, a guy stripped the old baxi back boiler out and all rads, theres no kitchen or bathroom and its now a shell. first fix electrics are in place and any overboarding and skimming has been done on ceilings. Roof seems ok after an overhaul too wasnt leaking but survey threw up maintenance bits.....we'll see. Now im looking at plumbing and wondering which combi boiler to install. Thought about a Junior Greenstar 28 Worcester Bosch then heard that some important parts are plastic and more iable to damage so then started to look at the Vaillant ecotech 28 then a plumber turned up praising the Potterton Combi HE a"A" rated, anyone got any ideas on this type of boiler? Also this plumber said he'd fit this for 3k cash inc hot/cold water feeds for bath and kitchen or i could pay the VAT on top which to me seems daft, but im suspicious and wary of those offering to do cheaper work for cash as i watch so much Cowboy Trap! read review and ease of maintenance for the Potterton is good so im tempted but are they reliable? this guy fits them all the time so maybe this is the best indication? Please help before i make a decision i may regret, Thanks!

Reaction score
Sorry about previous post title! should be plastering not which combi boiler!

Ive had my victorian gable end terraced house with outrigger (2 beds and boxroom so its bigger than an average 2up 2 down) injected with pam ties dpc cream today, Im wondering how to proceed with the plastering side which, if i choose cement/sand render internally it can take ages to dry out before decoration. Then there the membrane and drylining option which seems easier and more insulating? all rear lounge wall has been hacked off and kitchen too and halllway hacked to a metre up from floor......also under bay in front lounge.......i know if i go with the cement render mix i have to mix in the salt retardant and silicone to further ensure waterproof element.....just confused to what everyone keeps telling me. the kitchen is solid concrete floor with one gable side with no rad going in (need to put in an airvent near window prob, but dont want condensation becoming an issue really as its going to be quite a cold room....as is the hall side. any ideas of what i could do?

many thanks!

Ask a Question