What is a FOB?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by DIYdon, Oct 27, 2018.

1. DIYdon

DIYdon

What is a FOB for a car?

DIYdon, Oct 27, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. DIYdon

DIYdon

Since no one replied so far, I'll guess. I guess it is a poorly thought out system so people don't hide keys on their cars. I guess because I can not figure out how to hide a key on the car, start it, etc. without the fob. I guess I have to pay well in excess of 300 to get another fob to hide by removing the battery, but I am not sure that would work.
    Also, how could the simple act of locking a car go from a few dollars to a few hundred? Did a team of designers feel like it was such a big deal they had to push it through.
    Who are these people that came up with the fob design? Who are these people that seem to be trying to push poorly designed stuff just to make money? Are they members of the 1500000 million millionaires in the US? How do they have the power to do this stuff?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    DIYdon, Oct 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. DIYdon

cssjim

Never heard the term other than "key fob" Where does it come from?

cssjim, Nov 5, 2018
  4. DIYdon

HARO

A key fob is a small electronic security device with built-in authentication protocols or mechanisms to allow whoever possesses it to enter a secured network or location in order to access data or services. A key fob is designed to be small so that it can be carried around inconspicuously just like a key chain, hence the name key fob.

HARO, Nov 7, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question