Weil McLain Boiler dies every few days

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have an old Weil McLain GV Gold Propane Boiler (1994) that has had numerous parts replaced over the years.

Once or twice a week, I’ll have no hot water and I have to turn the power off to the boiler, wait 10-15 seconds, turn it on, then the first ignition attempt it will sputter and flutter and not ignite... then the second attempt it will fire up smooth like normal and will work fine for a few days, firing as needed.

Advise? Thoughts?

Reaction score
I have an old Weil McLain GV Gold Propane Boiler (1994) that has had numerous parts replaced over the years.

Once or twice a week, I’ll have no hot water and I have to turn the power off to the boiler, wait 10-15 seconds, turn it on, then the first ignition attempt it will sputter and flutter and not ignite... then the second attempt it will fire up smooth like normal and will work fine for a few days, firing as needed.

Advise? Thoughts?
Hi and welcome.

In this instance I'd suggest you call a qualified service engineer. The boiler probably just needs regular maintenance.

There's a lot of jobs I will tackle but I know when not to get involved or get help from "a well meaning friend."

Ask a Question