Wardrobe Door Configuration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've built this wardrobe. Now I have to buy the doors. Obviously I can't have a door opening from right to left on the bigger wardrobe (silly mistake).

There are 2 options. The first one is to have 4 doors. One triangular, one little rectangular and 2 same size rectangular. But what hinges would I put on the Triangular door?

The other option is to have a fixed panel (in orange) and have only 2 doors.

Any help appreciated
Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 13.45.30.png
Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 13.41.23.png

IMG_20220403_155227.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Canada
With all doors closed, if you want the front to be free from seeing any stiles, I would use "full overlay" European hinges. True enough, you must swing the largest door on the right side. On that large door, I'd use at least 3 hinges....probably 4. European hinges come in various closure types, "Google" it to learn. You can also go "soft-close" with these hinges too...a little more $$$.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I bought the doors. 3 hinges for the big doors. 2 on the right for the triangular one top. I read one Blum hinge can take up to 3.5kg.. that door should be around 6.. in case I can drill another hole in the middle if it's too heavy. The height is 575mm the width 900mm

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oh, good for you. I hope it all works out for you. The nice thing about European (BLUM) hinges is they are totally adjustable, that is X, Y and Z axis!

The stairwell in my house is in the basement, of course. I use that area (beneath the stairs) as a cold room. It stay cold in there is it has concrete foundation walls that are subjected to exterior temperatures.

Ask a Question