Wall-screw for shallow holes?

Reaction score
Country
Germany
So, not sure if anyone can think of a good solution here, but I'm sure there must be something...
We wanted to attach a hook to our ceiling to hang some washing from time to time (max. load ca. 3-4kg).
I bought the hook and went to drill the hole in the ceiling and discovered that the ceiling isn't very thick. After 9-10mm, you hit a solid something which means that you can't drill any further.
Is there any special kind of wall-screw that you can think of that would expand within a 9-10mm deep hole to provide the foundation for a screw to hang the hook? I can't find anything on the web, but I can't imagine that people haven't had this scenario before.
I was also thinking about filling the hole with glue and screwing the screw into that, but not sure to what extent that will provide decent stability, and/or how difficult it would be to take down at some point in the future without pulling the whole ceiling down...
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
Can I suggest that the first few mm is plaster, the hard material you describe may ?? be a concrete slab?

If indeed it is Concrete [ the hard material] then you will require a specific drill bit a [so called] masonry drill bit.

To be clear is there a gap between the plaster and the hard material??

Ken.

Ask a Question