Vulcan Continental boiler not firing

Reaction score
This is an old boiler may be over 30 yrs. Pilot light is lit but when i try to on it from timer, it does not fire. room thermostate , pump etc seem to be working as they click and making noises. Going to change the boiler soon but just need some time to get qoutes etc. Will appreciate if somebody can help me out. I have changed the thermocouple many times in the past when pilot light is out. But this time pilot light is working.

Reaction score
See if there is 230V at the gas valve solenoid, if there is the gas valve is najjered. If it's a Honeywell valve it will probably be still available for about £50.

Reaction score
This is an old boiler may be over 30 yrs. Pilot light is lit but when i try to on it from timer, it does not fire. room thermostate , pump etc seem to be working as they click and making noises. Going to change the boiler soon but just need some time to get qoutes etc. Will appreciate if somebody can help me out. I have changed the thermocouple many times in the past when pilot light is out. But this time pilot light is working.
HI mate, i have the same boiler as yourself and it packed in this morning friday 10 february 2012. Like you i have replaced thermocouple about 3 times and have done it this morning even though it hadnt gone out, so it lookes like i have the same problem as yourself. Could you tell me did you manage to get it sorted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Chris

Ask a Question