Voltage converter and wattage?

Reaction score
I've just read an article which stated wattage for the converter should be double the wattage of the appliance. I'm wondering if this is absolutely necessary for a juicer which will likely be used once or twice a week.

Our 110 juicer is 900w and getting a 2000w 110 to 220v converter would cost over 100 usd, almost as much as the juicer. I'm thinking of getting a 1500w or even a 1000w converter but I don't know if it's a big risk with damaging the appliance or with safety and all that.

Reaction score
I've just read an article which stated wattage for the converter should be double the wattage of the appliance. I'm wondering if this is absolutely necessary for a juicer which will likely be used once or twice a week.

Our 110 juicer is 900w and getting a 2000w 110 to 220v converter would cost over 100 usd, almost as much as the juicer. I'm thinking of getting a 1500w or even a 1000w converter but I don't know if it's a big risk with damaging the appliance or with safety and all that.
The expression of energy is heat. The inverter is asking for a 50% duty cycle is all. The problem is always "hey that works great so lets add more plugs!". Get the cheap one and buy another if you fry it

Ask a Question