Underground line for outlets. help!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everybody. I need help with a project. I have an electrical box on my property. it has two 125 v rv outlets and 1 normal receptical, meaning a standard 2 plug thingy. right now im running extention cords to my cabin from there. it use to also power a bunch of lights and outlets where my cabin is now but my river flooded 10 years ago and i cut the line but the line is still there. its 4 strands of 10 awg wires. i spliced it back together at the box so theres enough wire to reach the box. i had to cut it at ground level. its 150 feet long i was wondering if i could hook it back up to power at least 2 recepticles? it ran off the same breaker as my standard recepticle thats on the box. not sure how it was hooked up. i thought maybe i could just disconnect the standard recepticle, then use that breaker to hook my underground line to? i would just call an electrician but i dont think they want to mess with an already existing line thats been spliced. ive been told no by one and ignored by 2. any help thanks. btw, if i could get more than 2 outlets, how many maximum could i install?

Reaction score
Country
United States
it seems that this would only give me 2400 watts to my cabin i think. is thi correct?

Reaction score
Country
United States
i guess my question is... is this possible? should i attempt it? or just dig a new trench like the electrician told me to do

Ask a Question