Uncompleted work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have had our house outside walls rendered. We made the mistake of paying the person the full amount of the money before the job was completed. By completed I mean he hasn't cleared the old render off the floor, which is a considerable amount. One of his staff turns up and argues that the rubble on the ground is nothing to do with them, making the excuse that 'how can it be our responsibility when the scaffolding couldn't have been put on top of it'. This really shows how stupid they are. What he is suggesting is that the scaffolding was erected AFTER the wall was stripped, in which case what was the purpose of the scaffolding? We are left with a pile of rubble which was fairly obviously removed from the wall even to a layman like me. One turned up on Saturday morning and removed a few shovels full into his van. I am sure we paid for a skip only to be told 'where would we put it'?. Not my problem I'm afraid. I am loath to mention this 'companies' name (yet). No idea what to do now. My son has said he will remove it. Not a bloody chance.
I hope this makes sense and if anyone can give me advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brian

Reaction score
Very difficult as you've already paid them. Do they belong to some sort of association, it'll be on the side of their van if they do, or on their website. If they do, you could try contacting them to see if they can put some pressure on them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, my son emailed them yesterday. The person replied (miracle) and after coming up with all sorts of excuses said that they will clear it this week. I am not holding my breath but you never know.

Ask a Question