TV Antenna

Reaction score
I've been told that mounting two GE 33685 Pro Outdoor TV antennas on the same mast, wired in parallel and pointed in the same direction will give outstanding long range reception in fringe areas. Anyone ever try this? I know where two are available very cheap in a closeout sale, but looking for comments before purchasing.

Reaction score
Hams use that type of antenna for VHF and UHF voice, so I am
sure it would work ok for tv antenna. Increases the gain on both send and receive.
As I think their is a formula for the length patch cord between the two antennas.

Larry.

Reaction score
Not sure about outstanding. If you are in a fringe reception area, you would do better to get a high gain antenna with an amplifier built in. The problem is that "fringe" reception means that you have a weak signal mixed in with noise and adding a second antenna simply increases the signal and the noise - you might run into problems if the two antenna are slightly out of phase. A high gain antenna will have more signal gathering elements, be highly directional and the amplifier might have additional filters in it to reduce the noise. If you know your transmitter location, use a compass and a map to line up, or get a cheap signal strength meter.

Ask a Question