Turned wooden mice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

At last a bit of time to potter around in the workshop playing with my toys. Whilst browsing YouTube videos I noticed turned wooden mice and thought what a lovely little project so I've turned two of these for my lovely wife.

Any wood can be used; I happened to have an offcut of hardwood beech of just the right size to make two mice of. Finished sizes of both mice are 36mm diameter x 65mm long the tails are around 80mm long. I bought the 4.5mm eyes through eBay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Various-...var=661872191277&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The ears and tails are bits of leather sheet cut using a safety razor taking care not to colour them red by not cutting myself. The finish is sanding sealer and wax polish. A drop of superglue was used for securing the eyes; ears and tails.

Turned just for fun and as a surprise prezzie for my wife who is delighted with them. I enjoyed making them.

Kind regards, Colin.

Turned mice_0003.JPG

Two friendly mice; everyone and everything needs a friend so I made two to keep each other company.

Turned mice_0004.JPG

A flat was added using the belt sander allowing them to sit without rolling over. It's surprising how such a small project gives so much satisfaction costing little other than a bit of time and effort; I'll make more as gifts for Christmas.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question