Turbo 200 Capacitor

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! I'm swapping out the capacitors in my central AC units and got the Amrad Turbo 200 Capacitors with built in CPT terminals. These are universal capacitors and you attach jumper wires to create the appropriate MFD rating for your needs. For 40 mfd, you would attach jumper wires from the 10 and 5 mfd terminals to the 25 mfd terminal. The instructions also say to connect the compressor to the highest mfd rated terminal of the ones you use, so in this case that would be the 25 mfd terminal.

My old capacitor had 3 wires connected to the herm terminals - the compressor, a wire to a circuit board and a wire from the hard start kit.

The problem I encountered is that on the Turbo 200 there are only 3 terminals on the 25 mfd, and I need 5: Two for the jumper wires, one to the compressor, one to the circuit board and one to the hard start kit.

I'm not sure if the best approach would be:
1) connect one of the jumper wires between the 5 and 10 instead of between the 5 and 25, freeing up one terminal on the 25 for the hard start kit, then connect the circuit board to the 10 mfd terminal
2) connect the compressor along with the 2 jumper wires on the 25 mfd terminal, and then connect the circuit board and hard start kit to the 10mfd terminal
3) some other configuration

Any suggestions?

Ask a Question