Tricky - changing light bulb

Reaction score
This may seem like quite a basic or stupid question, but I'm having a lot of trouble removing this light fixture to change the bulb... as you can see in the attached photos, it is round and appears to be split into two pieces (so I need to do more than just rotate the glass dome out, I think) with a little notch that should be to help prie apart the two halves.

I've tried putting my finger into the notch to separate them, even a screwdriver, but with no luck. I'm also cautious to not use too much force, because I've already broken a couple things in my apartment this way...

Is there any chance someone is pretty sure on the correct way to open this and perhaps has any tips for doing it properly?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Reaction score
You have probaly allready changed the bulb but incase not. It looks like you just need to spin it off by palming the glass Dome and spinning it, or trying to spin that White Collar around the top of the Dome

Ask a Question