Timba Dura Discontinued

Reaction score
My property is timber framed Western Red Cedar [Canadian] bungalow. I have always used Timba Dura to treat the exterior walls.It is 3 years since I last treated the walls but now discover that Timba Dura has been discontinued and there is no alternative treatment - any suggestions ??

Reaction score
There is something called Dura guard in the market. Did you check that out?

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I'm in the same boat as Tim. Canadian log cabin, cedar, always used timba dura and now looking for an alternative. I've tried googling Dura Guard but not much luck.

Did you find anything Tim?

Reaction score
Same as Mike and Tim and Fonzerelli, no more Timba Dura Cedar when I went looking.

I used Oslo Natural Oil Woodstain/Red Cedar as alternative on the sills of tropical hardwood window frames in which white aluminium double-glazed units are fitted- 1980's style. I don't know what the hardwood is. The sills needed doing. It required sanding back of all of the patchily weathered Timba Dura. Oslo worked well in this instance, in my opinion, and the finish looks good. But the thought of having to do more than exterior sills drains me. I can't believe that there aren't pushed to the backs of shelves in garages and sheds and warehouses in Britain unopened cans of this terrific British product, Timba Dura

Reaction score
I too wish you could still buy this. Has anyone looked at Restol? Similarly a linseed oil based paint although thinner than Timba Dura

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi drossco,

Sorry I didn’t see your post. I have lots of 2.5 Litre natural, no Red Cedar though.

Reaction score
Dear Blablabla,
I'd be interested in a can of the Timba Dura natural. If the price is right

Reaction score
Dear Blablabla,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm in Twickenham, south-west London

Reaction score
Dear Bla,
You went very quiet there. I'd still be interested in a tin of the Timba Dura natural.

If I have to pay for courier to get it to me as well as recompensing yourself, then, as long as the total isn't excessive, I'm game

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Bla,
You went very quiet there. I'd still be interested in a tin of the Timba Dura natural.

If I have to pay for courier to get it to me as well as recompensing yourself, then, as long as the total isn't excessive, I'm game
Kevin, ah, yes, I was out of the country and forgot out this, I’m back now.

How many do you want - how does 3 for £15 sound? We could meet half way - to save costly courier fees - junction of M25 and A3.

Let me know if you’re interested.

I’ll be donating the proceeds to charity.

Richard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Carolyn, yes I do, clear only though.

let me know if that’s any good for you.

Ask a Question