Thermostatic Power Mixture Showers and Twin Impeller Pumps

DFG

Reaction score
Moved into a house recently. The mixture shower kept on dripping even after it was shut. Subsequently the pump developed some problem and finally had to be removed. I managed to find through internet search a pump of the same specification as the previous one. As for the shower after a long search and wait for the compatible shower at my local B&Q supplier there was no joy, I managed to get one that I bought at Wickes after a few words with an assistant for advice .The local plumber whose service I previously used came, and looked at the pump and shower, expressed consent to go ahead. Later on an appointed date he came and fitted the pump and the shower. When I looked at the papers about the shower I did notice the diagram was for a gravity fed system. There were no previous occasion when I had to replace a Thermostatic Power Mixture Shower. Although I could use the shower once, others observed that there was excessive noise from the pump. I was apprehensive and started to use the other shower since. The pump is situated at another bathroom and it feeds both the showers.
My question now ' Is a gravity fed shower compatible to be used with a pump?' Hope someone comes up with a few words of assurance.

Ask a Question