Tapping into a 15mm water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to tap into an existing water pipe without turning the water off? I have one of those self cutting tap things which would work but would need to get something that connects to the 3/4" end and to a 15mm copper pipe. I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Brian

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Surely whatever reducers/adapters/convertors/whatevers you use are very secondary to this:

Is it possible to tap into an existing water pipe without turning the water off?
?

I'd say that whatever fittings you use, you are going to have to work )*$(&%)%@# fast if you do it without turning the water off.

Reaction score
I would ask WHY you do not want to turn the water off first? It seems a lot safer that way....

Reaction score
Personally, I would turn the water off, just in case. But I have to ask, where does the copper disk that is cut go? Does not make sense to me to have a lump of copper debris floating around in the pipe. But what do I know?

Reaction score
Is it possible to tap into an existing water pipe without turning the water off? I have one of those self cutting tap things which would work but would need to get something that connects to the 3/4" end and to a 15mm copper pipe. I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Brian
Sure, but it would be wise to sell the film rights before you start.

Ask a Question