Staining concrete?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm getting very close to the end of renovation work on my front yard at the moment. Between the freshly painted front door, trims and eaves. The new gtters and facias, the new garage door, the fresh front paving and the new grass, it's leaving my driveway and footpath looking a little tired and in need of something to spruce it up. It's stamped concrete that looks to have been previously stained, but it my also just be really old and worn paint.

I not long ago painted my garage floor and I'm really pleased with the result, but when I started thinking about painting my driveway I kind of felt it would be to uniform in appearance and started wondering if there was a diy friendly option to stain it? I figure if I stain it, I'll get natural high and lowlights, which I feel will suit better than just a solid block of colour.

I'm aiming for a darkish grey/charcoal colour.

Anyone got any experience or insight into staining vs painting? I've considered watering down some water based paving paint so it soaks into the concrete, but feel that it won't end up working the way I hope.

Sorry for the lack of photos, I'll if I can get a couple of decent shots later.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm getting very close to the end of renovation work on my front yard at the moment. Between the freshly painted front door, trims and eaves. The new gtters and facias, the new garage door, the fresh front paving and the new grass, it's leaving my driveway and footpath looking a little tired and in need of something to spruce it up. It's stamped concrete that looks to have been previously stained, but it my also just be really old and worn paint.

I not long ago painted my garage floor and I'm really pleased with the result, but when I started thinking about painting my driveway I kind of felt it would be to uniform in appearance and started wondering if there was a diy friendly option to stain it? I figure if I stain it, I'll get natural high and lowlights, which I feel will suit better than just a solid block of colour.

I'm aiming for a darkish grey/charcoal colour.

Anyone got any experience or insight into staining vs painting concrete staining raleigh? I've considered watering down some water based paving paint so it soaks into the concrete, but feel that it won't end up working the way I hope.

Sorry for the lack of photos, I'll if I can get a couple of decent shots later.
thanks in advance for any help

Ask a Question