Solutions for under-cabinet Hue Lightstrips + mounted, retractable cookbook holder?

Reaction score
I'm planning to place Hue Lightstrip lighting under all of the cabinets in my kitchen. However, mounted under the leftmost cabinet is a cookbook holder that can be lowered. (see photo.) The power source is on the right side of the cabinets, so the problem area concerns the last length of LED strip.

This cookbook holder gets used throughout the year, so I don't want to remove it. Nor do I want the under-the-cabinet lighting to stop short of the end of the cabinets. So, as far as I can tell, I'm looking at two possible solutions:

1. A flexible and retractable extension that can give me about 7-8" of give when the holder is lowered but that also ensures the those extra 7-8" are out of sight when the holder is closed.

or

2. An easy-to-separate and very durable connection for Hue Lightstrip lighting so that we can simply disconnect that final piece of Lightstrip from the rest whenever we need to use the cookbook holder. (We don't expect to ever need to use the cookbook holder and under-the-cabinet lighting simultaneously.)

I expect that I'll end up going with the second option, but before I make up my mind, I wanted to see what ideas people might have for the first option. Additionally, I welcome any thoughts on a solution for No. 2 that would emphasize both easy-to-separate and durable.

Thanks.
cabinets.JPG

Ask a Question