Soffits & Facias............which way do I turn?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum so please be gentle! :eek:
I've recently bought a place with about 25yards, (sorry, meters), of soffits & facias.
Problem is twofold.
Although in good codition, structurally, the soffits are desperately in need of a re-paint but have been identified as being asbestos! I don't want to sand these down, life is too short, so it's been suggested that I merely get them cloaked with uPVC sheets. I have no problem with this, (I'm DIY ignorant after all), but this would make the facias look tired. Should these be cloaked also, despite appearing to be pretty sound?
If the answer is yes on both counts, how do I 'finish off' half way along where the property becomes my neighbour's?
Would appreciate any advice,
in anticipation,

Slime.

Reaction score
Unless you expose the asbestos nothing can go wrong. I would consider putting on a good self smoothing under coating to harmonize the surface, then paint, certainly cheaper and better than a PVC skin. Better in respect that no PVC lasts more than 20 -30 years even with uv inhibiter's the lot...bosshogg:)

Ask a Question