Skip abuse.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our new neighbours across the street are remodeling the inside of the house and yesterday a skip arrived. The previous owners had two new kitchens installed during the last 31 years so this is three kitchens counting the original; how sad to see a beautiful kitchen ripped out and dumped in a skip but then I'm not criticizing after all it's their business.

Bron and I however are amazed that the trades people on the job would go to such extremes overfilling the skip as seen in the picture below; it will be interesting to see what happens when the skip lorry arrives to collect the skip.

Kind regards, Colin.

Skip abuse_003.JPG

I can't even take a picture from our front room without Blackie and Gale interfering; horizontal rain last night.

Skip abuse_004.JPG

A quick picture before the rain and wind arrived again this morning; even with a net thrown over I'd regard this as a dangerous load.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The episode of One foot in the grave seen above is a corker Doghouse; thanks for adding it. Bron and I owned two Citroen 2CV's the first secondhand the second new in 1986; these cars were brilliant for carrying big items; the rear bench seat and front passenger seat could be removed in minutes as could the doors and tailgate; they will beat many modern luxury cars as to road ride comfort. 0 to 60 mph in two weeks was hardly blistering acceleration; they are now collectors cars with value increasing.

The skip I posted isn't full yet; this morning more is being added; even with a cover over it I'd regard it as a dangerous load. On my trip to the supermarkets this morning a milk delivery vehicle had lost a crate of empty milk bottles resulting in glass spread across the road.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Citroen at one time did two versions of the 2CV. I think, in the eighties. One called the "Dolly" which had the name and a flower graphics on it. The other was a called the "Bamboo." which had the name and graphics of bamboo branches on it.
A young couple near us had a "Bamboo." But he with a bit of T-Cut had changed the name on the side and rear to "Rambo."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Well remembered Doghouse; yes Citroen did a 2CV Bamboo but the 2CV Dolly was two tone paintwork although many were decorated by their owners; both ours were plain red. These 2CV's now cost a lot more than when they were new;

I don't know if I could remember how to drive one now after so many years because of the quirky gear change; the 2CV excelled in deep snow and they always got us home.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Hi,

Well remembered Doghouse; yes Citroen did a 2CV Bamboo but the 2CV Dolly was two tone paintwork although many were decorated by their owners; both ours were plain red. These 2CV's now cost a lot more than when they were new;

View attachment 1844

I don't know if I could remember how to drive one now after so many years because of the quirky gear change; the 2CV excelled in deep snow and they always got us home.

Kind regards, Colin.

Both the Dolly and the Bamboo I remember had quite a bit of applied graphics. Maybe that was an option or something suggested by an owners' club?

Reaction score
No, not quite.
Those I remember were proper graphics. Quite tastefully applied. There are a number of companies that will provide graphics for all sorts of vehicles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Doghouse. Many companies do vehicle graphics from simple to elaborate; we've got big house numbers supplied this way.

https://www.thesignbuilder.co.uk/products/van+lettering+and+logos/av89v/4522

The big numbers I made from self adhesive vinyl the numbers above the door were bought specially and these were reverse printed allowing them to be installed behind the glass protecting them from our dire weather; the big numbers are now resited; I'm installing a pair of coach lamps. When I bought the tinted glass I asked how much it would cost to have the numbers etched and was told about £100. Please note the wire above the handrail; everything is hard work here; I took a great deal of care remodelling the bungalow exterior to be rewarded by pigeons landing on the handrail using it as a toilet seat whilst they messed up our car directly below but then do anything good and there's something to upset it..

Street numbers_001.JPG

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...KHQthDYcQsAR6BAgJEAE&biw=1920&bih=969#imgrc=_

When Bron and I bought our Citroen 2CV's we had all the brochures and the Dolly was shown as two tone.

We used to see lots of 2CV's but they are increasingly rare these days; we also owned a Bond Bug this in John Player colours (Black & Gold) I made a new chassis for the bug; again we've not seen a Bond Bug for many years; bugs had fancy graphics.

The skip remains on the neighbour's driveway and since I took the pictures it's been filled.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

As expected; the skip wagon arrived yesterday afternoon; the driver got out and walked around the skip then spoke on his mobile phone; he went into the house and when he came out he drove away without the skip.

Kind regards, Colin.

• Haha
Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm amazed that they thought that it would be collected like this - it reminds me of the "Buckaroo" board game ;)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Ian. The skip finally departed early this morning; a big skip wagon arrived and lifted the skip then it was sheeted and roped before driving away. I bet it cost quite a bit of money in the end and some of the waste material remains bagged up on the driveway.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question