Shower curtain problem

Reaction score
I recently moved and have this open shower now. I added a curtain holder plus curtain recently and because i didn't wanted to drill into the tiles it is a bit high. I added some more rings so the curtain is lower and the water doesn't splash everywhere but it did not help that much and the water still gets spread quite far, which is what i want to prevent. If i add one more line of rings the curtain unfortunately will drag across the floor. I think because the curtain is moving quite a lot it is adding to the water spread but i am not sure how i could add some weights to the curtain.

I'd appreciate some imput/ideas how to fix my problem. I can't quite think of a good solution as of now.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For an open shower like this, I don't think you can stop the water spreading with a curtain like that (it would just prevent splashes) - the only way I can think of would be to add a lip or tray, which is what the current design deliberately avoids.

Does the water spreading cause a problem? As long as the water drains away quick enough, an open shower can be nice. You could just get a long handle shower squeegee and scrape any standing water from the floor down the drain once you're finished your shower. The floor should dry pretty quickly once the majority of the water is gone.

Reaction score
Yes the problem is that the water spreads too much and takes too long to dry even after I use my shower squeegee and when somebody showers and another person wants to do something else in there they will get wet feet. I want to make the shower squeegee obsolete one way or another. I thought about a small lip before but i am wouldn't know how to implement such a thing without having to fear that it might develop mold. Could you kindly point me in the right direction?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure what to recommend for this, so hopefully another member here may have some good ideas for you :).

Reaction score
Yes the problem is that the water spreads too much and takes too long to dry even after I use my shower squeegee and when somebody showers and another person wants to do something else in there they will get wet feet. I want to make the shower squeegee obsolete one way or another. I thought about a small lip before but i am wouldn't know how to implement such a thing without having to fear that it might develop mold. Could you kindly point me in the right direction?
How about a couple of pictures?

Reaction score
Rehfore, I see two possibilities. One would be to build a 4” step over out of cement and covering it with matching tile. Second would be to put a rail on the floor to clip the curtain in. The first would probably be easier for a DIYer.

Reaction score
Well, one solution is to install what is called a Shower Floor Seal.
Take a look at the following website:

You have the right idea with a shower curtain, but for the bottom, the seal will prevent the water from flowing over.
Hope this helps.

Ask a Question