Shed Foundation

Reaction score
I am installing a 8x8 wood shed and I was going to install it on an existing slab. I am new to the building code thing, and I went to get a building permit and then found out about the shed having to be 3 ft from property line. :(

So my shed will be only 1 1/2 feet away from fence (property line) using the current slab. I plan to use the concrete slab for most of the shed, but I am having a hard time deciding what to do with the front of shed.

Option 1: Install 2 concrete footers with brackets and put treated 2x4 sill plate on concrete slab and somehow connect that to brackets. Unsure how?

Option 2: Install treated 2x4 sill plate and anchor it slab then build wood floor frame and somehow anchor the floor frame to sill plate and the still use concrete piers.

So I need so input on what to do? Please help.

I want to go with the concrete piers and stay away from pouring more concrete to extend the slab.

Ask a Question