Septic Tank Repair or Replacement

Reaction score
I have a block built septic tank. It is leaking badly and my local drain repair company say the blocks are so badly "decomposing" that it is not cost effective to repair. I have been quoted £4000 to replace it with a Klargester. My wife would not be too happy with the installation work in her garden! Nor do I have that kind of money, being retired.

It is very large consisting of two chambers each 1.5m L x 1m W x 2m H to outlet bottom. I am thinking of lining by pouring new floor on top of existing one and building in block inside existing walls. Any advice appreciated.

A second option is to install a new plastic tank system such as the Duo from Oaklandsenvirenmental.com

It is wider and lower than existing so I would have to demolish long wall(s) and raise and extend concrete base. Does such a replacement using existing soakaway require Building Control or EA approval??

I already posted this but in the wrong section.

Reaction score
Hi diathlon, I wondering if you ever got the reply you were looking for went ahead with either of your options?...Cheers...bosshogg:)

Ask a Question