screeding

Reaction score
I have an uneven concrete floor in a basement, I want to screed it with coarse sand and cement, approx. 30mm. Has anyone done screeding ( I haven't ) and any tips would be helpful. The area is approx. 12 sq metres.;)

Reaction score
Hi
Floor screeding is a FAR more highly skilled job than you may think. If you are determined to have a go, The mix needs to be dry-ish. A band is laid next to the walls, and levelled, then the area between is filled in, compacted and levelled, using the the bands as a guide.

I don't think I've explained it that well, but I really would suggest getting professional help, usually a plastering contractor.

Reaction score
Hi
Floor screeding is a FAR more highly skilled job than you may think. If you are determined to have a go, The mix needs to be dry-ish. A band is laid next to the walls, and levelled, then the area between is filled in, compacted and levelled, using the the bands as a guide.

I don't think I've explained it that well, but I really would suggest getting professional help, usually a plastering contractor.
Thanks for that John, I've done a fair amount of plastering so I think I'll have a go, I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm mixing a 4:1. ( Grit sand)

Ask a Question