Schedule 40 PVC pipe cracked inside cement

Reaction score
Closed on a new house and moved in last week. In the garage, the drain pipe (Schedule 40 PVC) comes down and goes into the cement garage floor, where it is met with an 8 inch cleanout pipe/cap at a 45 degree angle. I've noticed that sometimes (during higher volume water drainage, like the washer draining) water comes up out of the crack in the cement between the cleanout pipe and garage floor.

I removed the cleanout cap, and noticed a few cracks on the inside of the Schedule 40 pipe, about 3 inches below the garage floor. When the water drains from the main line, and is voluminous enough, it's splashing back inside of the cleanout pipe and some is getting out and going up into the garage.

I really don't want to dig down through the cement floor to replace the pipe, or get a coupling on there. Is there some sort of sealant/patch/etc. anyone recommends for the inside of the pipe? I should mention that i have plenty of room to access the crack from inside as it's a 5-6 inch ID pipe and only a few inches inside the end of the pipe.

Ask a Question