scaffold mini tower for roof work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am looking to work on the roof of a coach house which ivy has run riot on an the roof is in a poor state. There is a sloping extension running from the house up to the coach house and this roof also needs attention. I am debating if the purchase of a 5 Meter high mini scaffold could be used with scaffold planks to access the roof areas. Or I would need to get a scaffold company in. I have no idea how long I would need to repair the roofs and no idea if scaffold is charged by the week etc. The one side of the coach house is on a slope so not sure how a mini tower would cope with this?
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you canvassed the opinion(s) of local roofers, who will have experience of the construction and slating of roofs like that as to whether it is repairable? There may be little point in forking out for scaffolding if ATEOTD it's beyond salvaging.

I can't answer your question about a mini tower and planks, but I can say that a skilled scaffolding company could do anything needed to get access to the roof.

This building needed a new roof a few years ago, and it's Grade 1 listed, so they were not allowed tofix scaffolding to it.

1654639157859.png

1654639223631.png

1654639503388.jpeg

The scaffolders erected what was at the time the largest free-standing sscaffold in Europe.

1654639819765.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have managed to access the inside of the roof and remove most of the ivy that was growing inside it appears to not be in as bad a condition as it looks from the outside. I am still exploring options of how to access the outer roof. Many thanks for all your good advice. I will update when I have sorted out what I am going to do

Attachments

Ask a Question