Sani Flo v Wall hung toilet?

Reaction score
Hi there, wonder if any plumbers out there could help...
we have a small guest house, with one of our guest rooms on the ground floor. When installing the ensuite we had to install a sani flo system as the drains outside were higher than the toilet and so waste needed to be pumped up to them. We had a huge flood in there at the weekend (probably due to something being put down that shouldn't have been!), and are now looking at starting the whole room again!
So my dad had an idea of instead of installing another sani flo, which isn't ideal and has had problems before, we install a wall hung toilet, that can be placed a little higher.
I have googled toilet height and have found that toilets can be hung a little higher than standard but only as high as 19inc from the ground I think it was, along the height of many disabled toilets. If this is high enough from the ground to reach the drains, would this still work ok, or do you need a drop? Would a step into the ensuite be a better solution?
Any help, would be appreciated (sorry I have no specifications, hubby is measuring in the week!)
Thanks

Ask a Question