s/s sink questions

Reaction score
I need a new 1.5 bowl s/steel sink but I've never bought a new one before...some I have looked at are ridiculously flimsy, others are hugely expensive. I have seen one in Howdens (Lamona) for almost £190 which is good quality and another on the BES website which is almost half the price (part no.18343). Unfortunately the BES one doesn't have a whole lot of info on it apart from outer dimensions and that it is made from 0.8mm steel.

Does anyone know if 0.8mm steel would be 'sturdy'? The flimsy ones I've seen were a bit of a shock and have put me off a bit! I'm reluctant to order a sink I can't have a look at (I'm too far away from BES) and may then have to send back.

Any advice on getting a reasonably priced decent sink would be appreciated, I'm really not sure how to proceed and don't want to waste money or end up with a not so good sink.

Ask a Question