Roof design question

Reaction score
Hello all...new to the site, and hoping for some inspiration! I live in Nashville, TN and just purchased a getaway home in Punta Gorda, FL. This place is on a wide, direct gulf access canal and I got it for a steal. There's a reason...it has to be the ugliest house in Florida! I am a long time house flipper, and have done just about any type of remodeling there is over the years. But I am stumped on this one. It is a long, narrow structure with a low roof pitch, and a modular home at that. It has vinyl siding and a metal standing seam roof, with a small gable roof front porch. No offsets other than the front porch. If this place were not so long the low pitch roof wouldn't look that bad but, given the length, it is really out of scale and off balance. I'm looking for a way to visually make the structure appear taller without tearing off the roof and adding a whole new roof system. I've thought about adding a "crow's nest" to the top of the structure, with the idea of giving it a Key West look but I'm not sure that what is essentially a mobile home could support something like that. Have also considered adding a wider front porch with a taller gable, but am unsure how you would tie that in to the existing roof. Anyone have any epiphanies? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Ask a Question