Replacing floorboards

Reaction score
I have to replace an entire floor surface (i.e. all of the floorboards). My intention is to have a wooden floor of some description. What are my options, please? In fact, what are my most, shall we say, "cost effective" options. From what I've been able to find out so far, simple new floorboards would cost me about £400, plus either trying to install them myself (I'm willing to try...) or pay someone else to do it (estimated cost is £800, maybe including VAT or maybe not, because I never did get an answer as to whether the price I was quoted included the VAT or not...).

So ideally something simple to install that either costs less than £1200 (+ or - ...), or even better something that costs me less than £400.

Your question for bonus points: Is it A Rule that one DIY/renovation job inevitably leads to more jobs in order to even start that first job?

Ask a Question