Replacement parts for conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've just moved into a new home and have slowly been renovating room by room. This weekend I have been repainting, sealing and generally cleaning our conservatory. Unfortunately, some of the components of the conservatory have yellowed over time. I have been able to replace most, however, I am having trouble finding a suitable replacement for the part shown...
IMG_20210411_181819.jpg
IMG_20210411_181835.jpg

Please would someone be able to tell me the name of this component, or recommend a supplier of a suitable 'non-yellowed' replacement?
Many thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
How about ??

Immerse the yellowed component in a cleaning solution say, bleach, or Cillit Bang black mould and mildew remover?

Cheap and worth a pop?

Ken.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unless that yellowing is from something like nicotine, it is irreversible. The cause is quite often the pigment in the plastic being affected by UV. If you don't succeed with a chemical treatment, why not paint each piece identical to that one (that is, if there's more than one) with acrylic paint to create an effect. In a similar situation, I painted the yellowed pieces gold.

ColinA

Ask a Question